Hi! My name is Jane Pong. I'm a data journalist and information designer living in Hong Kong.
I produce data visualisations at the Financial Times. Previously, I was graphics editor at Thomson Reuters and South China Morning Post.
Feel free to get in touch!
Selected Talks & Teaching
- JMSC 6113 Data Journalism (2018–2020)
- Masters course, HKU Journalism and Media Studies Centre, Hong Kong
- Visualising Data (2018)
- Talk at Investigative Journalism Asia Conference, Seoul
- Back to Basics: Fundamentals of data visualisation design (2018)
- Talk at SND Hong Kong
- Frontiers in Data Visualisation (2017)
- Workshop at Global Investigative Journalism Conference, Johannesburg
- Visualising Data: Common chart types for journalism (2016)
- Talk at Investigative Journalism Asia Conference, Kathmandu